CIPFA Statistical Information Service
CIPFAstats was established as a partnership between individual local authorities and CIPFA over a century ago to provide an essential and comprehensive framework for reviewing the efficiency of locally provided services, helping users to manage their resources more effectively.
CIPFAstats have developed to become the leading independent source of comprehensive data about local government services, currently undertaking more than 30 annual surveys of local authority operations, capturing information on all of the main activities from Education and Social Care through to Housing Services and Waste Management.
Datasets and publications provide financial and non-financial information for local government managers engaged in comparative analysis and performance measurement and users of www.cipfastats.net have access to more than ten years of downloadable data, in addition to a range of interactive and visual tools to help with their analysis of the numbers.
Please view our brochure for 2013/14 and code of conduct for further information about the service, browse our list of publications for more details about the extensive range of areas that we cover or access our sign-up page to find out why you need access to CIPFAstats today.
CIPFAstats Datasets Browser
- Capital Expenditure and Treasury Management
- Council Tax Demands and Precepts
- Direct Service Organisations*
- External Funding*
- Finance and General Actuals
- Finance and General Estimates
- Income Statistics
- Local Authority Assets
- Local Government Comparative Statistics*
- Local Government Comparative Trends*
- Pension Funds
- PFI / PPP*
- Prudential Indicators*
- Rating Review Actuals
- Rating Review Estimates
- Revenue Collection
- Scottish Performance Indicators
- Support Services
* indicates publications that are no longer part of CIPFAstats survey range but historical data are still accessible